Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Bitter Sweet.....

This time next month I will have my 31st birthday (the 12th) and it will be opening day of rifle season. This year will be bitter sweet because I enjoy everything that comes along with deer season and will miss the time that Josh and I spend together doing something we both love.

I miss my husband being so excited and crazed that our house smells like dirt and acorns for at least 2 months before opening day. I miss trying to cook dinner while he avidly watches every hunting show on TV and every few minutes he says "babe, you HAVE to see this one! Hurry before he's gone..." and before I get in there the scene on the TV changes and I miss the BIG one.....until 5 minutes later another BIG one comes on the screen and its the same thing over again. Its funny how that used to bug me slightly (only because it took like an hour longer to get dinner done when Im in and out of there to see the TV) and now I'd be so happy to be "bugged" because that would mean he was at home.

I'm super excited to be hunting this year (as with every year). Im a little nervous about going without Josh. I have 100 thoughts in my brain, things I cannot forget to take with me that he ALWAYS remembers. He has always been devoted to making sure I get safely in my tree stand before he heads to his. He would get up at least an hour earlier for me than he would if it was just him hunting just to get me dressed, packed up, and safely in the woods in enough time so that he could still make it to his stand before daybreak. (I am so lucky!)
I have already requested off my days of work for deer season and hope I kill a deer that would make my husband proud (though he says he's proud of me for just going and that you cant kill one every year). I did ask him what we are gonna do with my deer mount when I kill "the big one" or as we like to call it (in the words of Michael Waddell) "the mack daddy freak nasty" of them all! :) He says "you can take down one of mine for now and put yours up." YAY.
Time has been flying by pretty fast on the homefront and I am so thankful. He has put in for his leave for R & R and will be home the 10-25th of Feb. Just in time for our second anniversary.
The weather has cooled down over there and him and the crew have really been kicking butt, I am so very proud of his accomplishments thus far. :) 119 days and counting (he says they'll go by faster if I stop counting but I have to have something to look forward to).
Miss Ashlyn is growiing so fast. She is so adorable, lovable, and a little rotten. I have NO IDEA where she gets that from!? Must be from Aunt Randi or Aunt Crystal? Maybe Grandma Bev? LOL. Wherever its from she gets it honest!
I recently had my childhood/grade school BEST FRIEND(s) find me on FB. Her and her twin sister were best friends of Crystal and myself. Though it will take a while to catch up on everything that has happened in the last 17-18 years, its so great that we can keep in touch.
Well, I am going to hop off the blog train, I will try and post something again soon.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment